View Single Post
      09-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Update: Going to stiick with Zymol HD cleanse paint cleaner. I've been using it for over 10 years. Great paint cleaner BTW.

I have mixed feelings about polishing again after almost 2 weeks tho...but I haven't waxed the car yet due to no free time and my rigorous expectactions for completing such a process.

What I have is a car that was clayed, paint cleaned and polished almost 2 weeks ago...and has no wax protection currently!

I'm going to hand wash the car with Zymol's clear soap, and follow with 1 panel wipe downs of Zymol HD cleanse again--with liberal sprays of Megs Final Inspection detailer to help in the buffing of each panel. From there I'll Apply Megs # 7 glaze polish, followed by Zymol field glaze 20% pure carnauba spray....followed by an interior wipe down with Griots interior detailer spray and Armor All leather care gel. All done in an afternoon. Sealant and proper waxing will have to wait....I want to go with my Dad to a car show event tomorrow with his E82 1 series m coupe. Busy morning ahead though. Meeting for work at 9 am...then off to continue on with my personal dayy off! Let's see how this comes out!!

That's all I can get done in an afternoon. Gotta have realistic goals. Cleaning the wheels , adding a sealant wax and spraying wheel protectant will take an hour alone!
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)

Last edited by Uptempo80; 09-05-2012 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0