Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgarde83 View Post
Yes, I want a Cayman R

But as a daily driver and for the occasional country road thrills, I am very pleased with my 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Love the Cayman S. Glad I own a 135i.
I agree but I honestly see the Cayman S and even R as almost just a side step to get into the Porsche brand. It really isn't offering TOO much more that a 135i can't be made to compete with with some money spend on good mods.

I would take a Cayman S in a heart beat but for the money what am I really gaining thats worth almost double the price?

The brand is the answer. And sadly yes, its worth that cost to me. However if I am going to jump over, I think it would need to be more than just a side step in performance. I would probably need at least a 911 C2S to make it worth my while because if it's not why don't I just keep the 135i until I am ready to make that larger jump?

The Cayman S/R is a fine car and maybe if it was closer in money to what I'm driving now I'd consider jumping sooner. Or maybe if I knew it would only be a track car that I had some extra $ I'd be using to make it into one (like turboing it and dropping weight, adding a cage and race seats, all of that) then I might do it when my lease on the 1er is up.

But if its just going to be a car I baby the crap out of, only drive on sunny days that don't require any hauling or traffic or sitting in a parking lot while I'm working... then it needs to be a 911 for me to feel like I got exactly what I wanted since I was 4 yrs old and I just don't get that same feeling on the boxster/cayman because I know I'd always be wanting just a little bit more (a 911).
Appreciate 0