04-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #77
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
Well I'm back from my intake valve cleaning and I must say I am rather impressed with the noticeable difference in how the car behaves now. Cylinders 3, 5, and 6 were the absolute worst with massive gunks at 57k miles. I wasn't showing any symptoms before so my idle is still the same, however the throttle response has vastly improved and the top end feel is vastly improved as well. I honestly need to take it back to the 1/4 mile again and see if it picked up any mph. Even if it doesn't pick up any mph (although it sure feels like it), the improved drivability is well worth the hassle and I think anyone with decent mileage will benefit from this procedure. Here's hoping I trap 118-119mph on pump gas!
That's good news -- I'll probably get this done around next year when I hit the 35-40k mark. Do you know the method the valves were cleaned by? Walnut/Media blaster?
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0