Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Okay - I thought I will let them do it once, that is washing the car after a service.

My advice is if you have a black car - don't do it!!!!!!!

Found some scratch marks today, and a hologram around it - looks like they've realised there's a little bit of a scratch (from?? what???) and they try to buff it out.

Now I have a nice hologram just above the rear wheel arch of the driver's side... looks like I will have to get all the gear to get that out!
I never let them wash my cars. However on one occasion they had a new detailer in who didnt know my car and decided to wash it! Oh man I was so pissed off as they know I look after the paintwork on the X5. Well, surprise surprise there were fine scratches and swirl marks all over the car. The annoying thing was that I had only 2 weeks ago spent 8 hours doing a full detail on it. (This is on the black X5)

They offered to do a full detail on it and loan me a new 750i whilst it was being done. However, I asked what steps they go through and afraid to say was not up to my standard - this is the so called ''paint protection'' - a pile of sh*t to be honest.

So I declined and as I had calmed down by then (next day) I told them I would do it myself but on the next service I expected to pay for parts and not labour - they agreed.

However, I would rather it not happen in the first place as I painstakingly look after my cars.
Appreciate 0