View Single Post
      04-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #88
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear
I what you Guys/Gals to remember 2 Quotes for me.

1) Hate is a learnt behavior. Children don’t care about color, creed or Sexual orientation. That is something they learn from the adults.
2) Learn from your History, if not you are doom to make the same mistake again.

America isn’t language, America isn’t a color, America is its people. I think a lot of you have forgotten that.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Emma Lazarus

How many of you angry people remember that Poem? Come on Shim, you seem very intelligent. Where did this poem come from? Come on Sharp1183, you seem to be angry and Patriotic do you know where this come from?

That my friends is on the Statue of Liberty, it greets people that used to come to Ellis Island along time ago. Have we forgotten?

Of course since TL_Boy can’t tell the difference Guatemalans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, etc I guess it doesn’t matter. Learn your History boys and girls remember the second quote. Shim, are you Japanese by any chance? If you are do you know what happened to Japanese-Americans during WW II? They “Americans” felt that they couldn’t trust the Japanese-American so they put them in camps and I am sure that they post armed guards every 35 feet. Yet we never did the same thing to the German-American or the Italy-Americans, interesting…. Maybe we needed TL_Boy around to tell the difference… Yet Black-American being treated like Second Class joined to defend a country that didn’t even want them. Learn your History. As a side note did you guys know that the US Government didn’t even issue an apology to the Japanese-Americans until President Clinton.

Also would all of you PLEASE Stop saying that just because you or your family learned English before our after you arrived somehow equate that to EVERYBODY FROM THAT COUNTRY did the same. I have been to many of an Italian neighborhood in Boston and heard and known may that have immigrated don’t know the language.

Now let us talk about the real issue, How many of you BMW Owners have lost their jobs to an Illegal immigrant? Anybody? Okay let me rephrase that, “How many people believe misery and chaos it is now solely because of Mexicans? Let me help you boys and girls out, that is exactly what the said about the Irish and Italian when the arrived to Boston and New York in the 18th and 19th Century and the Chinese in the Late 19th Century, Shim should we have had the SS back then right Shim?

If I wanted to be totally ignorant I could say the problem is the South and MidWest. Did you know that the NorthEast (New England, New York, New Jersey and PA and Maryland) pay the grand majority of the taxes into the US coffers and yet for every $1 we put into our Government, we up here only get between back .50 to .60 of it back, yet the rest of the US gets back $1.40 for every $1 they pay. So maybe the problem isn’t the Immigrants but the rest of the nation outside the NorthEast? But alas I am not ignorant and I know that although that the statements I stated although true isn’t the really problem.

The real problem is Corporate America. Yes, my fellow Americans it is Corporate America. Yet like most Americans, we seem to have the worst case of ADD in the world. Ladies and Gentlemen the jobs these people aren’t the ones you want or the majority of Americans want. I can’t ever remember American People standing on the corner waiting to work in the crops, like I see the Mexican do. Do you know why? It is called Welfare, the grand majority of American would rather be on that than working on the fields. Anybody want to refute that?
Yet somehow we have focus on them. The real problem is American corporation taking HIGH PAYING JOBS to foreign countries or do you fear and person whom mostly like can’t speak English taking a tech job away. I can see it now an Illegal immigrant answering the phones for Dell Computers in Texas. Wake up and focus, 100 of thousands of these jobs a year are being sent to India, China, Mexico, HELL EVEN BEING SENT TO IRELAND and all this because of cheap labor.

Yet, in some way I shouldn’t be surprised, we as a people have never been good at thinking for ourselves. We have for the most part been lemmings in life believing what we are told and never questioning what we learn. People like that have no place in our country today, people like our founding fathers, like Abe Lincoln, like Martin Luther King.

Of course we are Americans so we have the right to hate groups of people because they aren’t us. So please keep on teaching the next generation about hate. Also a simple fact that Sharp hasn’t realized, did you know Sharp that right now Hispanic are the largest minor group in America? Did you know that?

Fee

PS Shim and Vlad, as much outrage as you might feel about the National Anthem being translated into Spanish is crossing the Line, remember that 2 small points. 1) The National Anthem has been translated in ever language in the world at this time. 2) The most important Book in a lot of people life the Bible (Old and New Testament) is also translated into every language of the world.

The Bible was translated...so what? The Bible does not belong to one country or language. Bad analogy dude. And show me where the National Anthem has been translated in every language. LOL