bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
WOW! This is one of the best looking 128s I've seen on this forum. Just so simple (in a good way) and classic.
Exactly... Less is more.

Quote:
It's weird: looking at the online configurator, I prefer the M-Sport/135 body kit but I've seen a few 1s on the road lately and I tend to like the standard body style better in person.

The same goes for the style 370 wheels on the Sport Package -- at first I didn't dig they way they looked on the configurator, but I saw a set in person and I like them. Your pictures really do them justice.
I think the sterile background that the configurator uses diminishes the appearance of the car somewhat, especially since the car is white against a white background.

Quote:
The only thing I don't like about the Sport/M-Sport on the 1 Series is the shadowline window trim. The greenhouse on the 1 is small in proportion with the body and the black trim makes it look smaller -- I wish they offered the standard chrome even with Sport/M-Sport. That said, you have to go with sport suspension and seats over window trim!
The shadowline trim doesn't bother me... I just hope it holds up: the shadowline-like trim on my E36 disintegrated over time.

Quote:
I'm guessing you drove around Palos Verdes Drive, right?
Yup... And down PCH through the beach communities.