View Single Post
      05-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Hello all, prospective new BMW'er...

Hi all, been browsing this forum and the boards for a while and thought I'd just pop in and say "Hi".

I'm in Perth and currently own a 2003 BA Falcon XR6 Turbo and am looking to change over as the finance is fisnished and the km's are getting 'up there'.

So, I looked at the new FG Falcon's and didn't like them aesthetically, so they're out (had my heart set on the G6ET, but the shiny black interior was terrible), unfortunately. So, casting my mind back to the BMW 320i that I had as a hire car in South Africa in 2006, I started looking there, but was worried the 4 cylinder 320 would be too far backwards from the T... So, checked out the options and found the 135i and can't find a bad review!

I now have a 135i Sports firmly in my sights and am looking at signing the order this week. Went for a test drive in a 335i and loved it, so am expecting that the 135i will be very similar, it's supposedly very similarly sized internally.

The sales guy I went with had just spent a previous weekend throwing one around Phillip Island and couldn't stop raving about it. He also said that, although the paddle shift was great, the manual was the way to go (especially as my last 2 cars have been).

I'm looking at the following spec's:

Graphite with coral red (if I am in a rebel mood) or Montego Blue with grey interior
Adaptive headlights
Sunroof
Comfort Access
HiFi - 10 speaker system

The only downside is that I'm now being quoted a September (!!!) delivery if I order before the launch next week, after that "Who knows!". I guess that gives me longer to sort out my trade-in! Anyone want to buy my immaculate Falcon? :-)

Am jealous of the guys that have ordered already, well done! Can't go to the Auto Classic launch, will be o'seas, but will get a test drive after I get back in June.

Look forward to chatting with all of you fellow Aussies, cheers - I am obviously addicted (even downloaded the US User Manual the other night).

One final question, I assume I won't stand much of a chance getting a better deal than 'Corporate' pricing at the moment? Also limits things a bit when there's only one dealer in Perth.

Simon....
Appreciate 0