View Single Post
      12-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #118
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
What we need is a final special version of the E92 M3 to keep people like me from running off and buying a used GT3 or some other more focused alternative to current M offerings.

Offering a US model with the GTS engine would be ideal. However if they aren't interested in getting crazy sales, they could still get a good amount with a clubsport type model with the GTS suspension, brakes and exhaust with some real weight loss.

I'm surely not the only one beginning to shop around after being let down by the 1M (and previously the E92 M3) and believing there are not going to be any new hardcore M products for another 3 plus years. Time is ticking if BMW wants to keep our business and needs to spill some hints soon or lose out on those who are looking to buy soon.

Obviously there are a large number of us in this situation as evidenced by the the poll in the other thread regarding opinions of the 1M.

Yes, not as good as I had hoped.----------120 votes-----36.25%
No, lives up to my expectations.-----------116 votes-----35.05%
Ask me after its been properly tested.------95 votes------28.70%

Any hints regarding whether something like this is coming from SCOTT26 or others in the know?

I would contend that the time for such info is now. After the long months of waiting for 1M specs, those like myself are not going to have much patience for the M division to announce something more desirable.

Last edited by HBspeed; 12-17-2010 at 12:16 AM..
Appreciate 0