02-06-2013, 01:24 AM   #11
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by simianspeedster View Post
It's more about the installation than the part itself -- I don't want to muck with the whole central console, if possible, so I'm hoping BMW has some secret order code.

I know some people want the smoker's kit, but I don't smoke and have no need for an additional 12V socket (there's one under the armrest already that I will rarely use). In my current 3 Coupe, the center console tray is the perfect place to put my smartphone and sunglasses and the 1 Series has less handy storage space than the 3 already without the removal of that tray.
I agree. I am actually deleting my smoker package soon. I have the parts but havent had time to get them in. I installed a CF interior kit in my car and have already done the labor once before to get the console out. I currently use the 12V on the smoker package to power my Valentine 1, which I will be hard wiring at the same time. I am actually thinking of re-wiring the internals from the smoker package and re-locating the 12V somewhere else, maybe hidden under the dash.

I am sure if you are ordering your car you could have it ordered without smoker package or you could negotiate with your dealer to delete it before you receive the car. For people wanting to retrofit a non-smoker package to have the smoker package, they need to buy the whole package which is about $300.
Appreciate 0