12-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #42
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
Contact BMW, from my experience(In Australia) issues like you've described are taken very seriously. I am surprised your dealer has given you the run around. Have you communicated at all with the sales manager or dealer principle in person? That will get the best result IMO if the salesman looking after you is incompetent, which it seems like.
Interesting coming from your side. Most complaints we see in the forum are of the larger dealerships and the BMW owned ones. I am glad I have moved away from them but chose a family run dealership - much easier to deal with. May be it is actually good that those big dealership doesn't offer service as good as the small ones .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWD4Life View Post
2) Stay at BMW and learn what Customer Lifetime Value (CLTV) means. That concept is even more important to have in mind when selling the 1er
+1 on this. A large dealership lost my business three years ago, because one of their new staff made me go through an experience that would be only fit for buying a Toyota (my usual sales was away that day). He is only interested in dealing with me if I am buying that day, mind you I have already bought two cars from this dealership. We bought two cars the week after from the local dealership, much closer to home and another two cars last year. In terms of time for each transaction for the last two cars - negotiation now involves a couple of emails without the massive 2 hrs marathon of the SA walking in and out of sales manager office - basically very little "sales" time required.

Last edited by sparoz; 12-11-2012 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0