03-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
Well, it's been a strange journey for me and my 1M. In December 2010 I put down a deposit for a 1M, in January 11 I visited the Detroit Auto Show to see one in person, and a few months later I took delivery of a car that I planned on keeping for decades. It's crazy how things changed in a short time.

I'd like to sarcastically thank BMWNA and Erik Luchsinger, the Regional Technician in Atlanta, for bending me over and giving me a real jailhouse workout. Way to treat a loyal customer, BMWCCA member, and BMW Club Racer. The least you could have done is held my hand or given me a little kiss before the real &*%$ing occurred.

Anyway, the car will be transported to San Fran next week to get a new engine (with major power increases I'm told) and will be transformed into a drift car. It will be good to know my car will spend a good part of it's life sideways while destroying tires but in the end it's really frustrating to go from being a loyal customer to someone who despises BMW and will never own one again. Anyway, I'll be on the forum from time to time to give bad (joking) advice and perhaps something worth while.

Cheers all and keep the Pyrat Rum flowing.
That's just sad but unfortunately not surprising. Your "bad" advices will be missed around here
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0