12-21-2008, 11:19 PM   #16
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
Just spent the last 4 hours at the tyre shop! got there with my dad's old tyre and waited for them to swap them over. about an hour and a half later later they took off my tyre, and got my dad's old tyre out of my boot.... he's about to put it on and he says "cant put this on, the side wall is damaged". apparently when they remove a runflat from a wheel they damage the tyre in the process! so i asked them if they had any in stock... nope, so i had to order one, and since im busy the next two days i had to get them to courier it up from where ever they get them from, which cost an extra $100!. so another hour and a half - 2 hours later my tyre shows up, only tyre on the ute! guess thats where my $100 went. the rest is history...
Man i hate runflats!!!!! they're friggin expensive, you cant fix em, no one stocks them, and they have a strange attraction for sharp objects....
the guy at the tyre shop said i wouldnt be able to change to non runflats without changing the wheels... any truth to this?????

heres a photo of the ute which brought my tyre in, saved my car from being stuck in the tyre shop for the night!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0