06-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #20
amsfoto
photographer
Ireland
Rep
Drives: AW e92 335i, JB 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Great job! Cambered? I bet practically no "expert" would say that you could fit those wheels on that car that low.

Funny you should say that, I actually called and talked to Berk, and they said the low offset wasn't recommended...but that just meant more of a challenge for me. I'm running 2.5 degrees negative in the rear, and the rubbing actually got worse with more camber because of the way the bumper connects to the quarter panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomquickness View Post
the drop looks awesome...what are the widths on those rims? and your diffuser wish might just come true in a few weeks
The wheels are 8 in the front and 9 in the rear, with pretty low offsets. 38F 36R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
3 times? did they not completely roll it up on the first try or you wanted to see how minimal you had to roll it to make it fit each time?
The fenders on our cars is pretty much impossible to roll completely. There is a glue inside the lip to hold it out as well as more than one layer of metal. You can keep trying over and over to get a few more mm pushed down, which is what I had to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLMuRdErEdOut View Post
Is they 18s or 19s? what kind of drop?
19's, dropped on KW V2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
what exhaust do you have?
It's Riss Racing with custom titanium tips, my friend's shop found them and I drilled some holes and bolted them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
I need to have my fenders rolled again, which will be 3 times as well. The first time helped the clearance at the top of the fender. The 2nd time was for the section where the quarter panel turns into the rear bumper. Still rubs in that spot a bit if I have fatties in the car or over huge bumps at speed, so I might have to shave some off of it. Either way, rolling fenders on this car is a pain since that bumper is so high on the fender and you can't roll the bumper since it's plastic. I suspect that's where he's rubbing as well based on the pics.

Awesome pics btw, looks hot!
Thanks! You are exactly right about the rolling...it's quite a bitch on our cars.

Jet Black 135i Coupe - 19" Work VS-XX - KW V2 - BMW Performance - Riss Racing - Burger Motorsports - Active Autowerke - 3DDesign
Appreciate 0