View Single Post
      08-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #21
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

i dont like the front bumper of the M1 photoshop there. where did that originally come from too? looks like a samurai sword version or something (i dont even know what that means)

Feli_330i: its all speculation so theres no reason to use that many exclamation points. word is that yes, it would use a revamped S54 from the E46 M3. and a lot of revamping can be done: aluminum block with cast-iron cylinder liners, direct injection ..shit, the new M3 V8 weighs less than it does, theres lots of room to work given new developments, and starting with the S54 as a base is pretty gangster if you ask me. again i believe the focus will be weight reduction, the 1 series is pretty hefty, add a carbon fiber roof and some other costly (but worth it) lightweight bits and youve got yourself a true-to-bmw, smooth and high revving, small frame, rwd, blast from the past. the only thing i can say is i cant imagine on them improving on 6-piston brembos. and here is where i restate everything i said in that last post, did you read or skip all of it after i said i thought there would be one?

search for comments from SCOTT26 regarding the issue, many of which are quoted in the other thread of this discussion. perhaps my main point is that it is not going to fit in with the 135i and M3. it will replace the 135i after a few years, and will do so elegantly and in true bmw fashion.
Appreciate 0