Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imola.zhp View Post
^ no, your posts just spew ignorance...
+1:biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
That perception is not mine alone..! Why would a single person drive a sedan..? Thus, they must be married, have kids, etc. We keep going around and around. Give me one logical reason someone would buy a sedan over a coupe..?

Is this news to you..? Have you never thought about why there are coupes and sedans..? Every hear of a Family Sedan..?

Again, this perception is not mine alone. You don't see a BMW coupe in BMW's broshures with a family of three at the beach with the trunk open and they are getting out blankets and beachballs, do you...?

Do you see pictures of James Dean and other iconoclasts photed in sedans..? They are conveying their image of virility and manhood. Sedans are 4 door versions of Coupes, that offer more utility because the ease of access to the BACK SEATS.

There is a large percentage of the populace that perceive drivers of sedans as married or "taken". Some people don't care and opt to buy the Sedans, some just are not that aware of the image a sedan conveys.

Alot of you seems really peeved that I mentioned this, and jumped all over me. Why is that? Did I step on your manlyhood? Are you embarrassed?
And he gave you the same logical reason I will...

My first car, I was single, no kids...looking through car ad's and I spotted this thing called a "Merr-kurrr??" WTF was that I thought...well curosity got me to go look...sat in it...hey that's friggin' comfy...started it up...the engine sounds good...opened the hatch, hey, I could fit my bike in this thing no problem at all with the seats down...

Oh....It's a 4 door sedan...well that's convient for is I ever have to take people...but really I could give less of a shit because I like the car...

That and it drove sweet too.

Of course there are "family" sedans...but there are also "sport" sedans...

Not all coupes are meant for young single people...Toyota Solara...2 doors...avg owner is +65....and I doubt single

You don't like sedans...that's great for you:thumbup:

I'm simply saying, along with others, that's you're "rucking fetarded" to think that someone who is single, would/should be embarassed to drive their OWN car, just because it has 4 doors...which is what you saying before.

AS for James Dean, are you saying that if he were still alive that's there no way he might possibly be seen ripping a RS4 around a track?...or maybe an Evo or STI...IS300, M5, etc...

If we reverse your logic, then that means people looking at buying the 1-series should be young and single, because married (men) should be driving sedans...And well I think if you took a poll of this forum (based on the apparent ages, etc of people here) I think you'd find that the majority are older(ie above 20's), and married...and won't be embarrassed to drive the shit of 128 or 135 .

BTW...have you seen the BMW vids of Clive Owen ripping around in a 7-series...I'm pretty sure they were meant to show more then just mom taking the kids to soccer and picking the groceries.:biggrin:

or perhaps the movies Transporter(2)... where the main character is a single guy, driving a 7-series, and then an A8 to go kick some ass and take names...

Oh well he needed the room for his job...so then couldn't that be another logical reason for any single guy out there to own a sedan over a coupe??
Appreciate 0