View Single Post
      01-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #84
RyanDavies
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 128i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Great to hear, figure the superior design and larger piston will more than make up for lack of compression adjustability that I currently have with my KWs.
Out of curiosity, do you have any pictures of them? What size springs are you going with / camber plates?

I say this after a series of interesting bits learned from my 128 STX build.

1. The JRZs had zero problem with travel, nor diameter of the shock itself. But to run with the 6in springs required for the upper perch to clear the tire, I was at the VERY top of the height adjustment range on them (which makes sense, as they wanted to maximize travel). I'm curious how the MCS are in this regard.

2. After turning this into more of a casual car, and watching a friend do well on some revalved Megan Racing (same internals as all the chinese mess), the biggest issue with them is that the diameter of the strut tube is substantially larger than the JRZs, which requires a larger spacer for the tire to clear it. Which then can likely create interference from tire -> fender (I am not sure 255s on a 9 would fit anymore, while they did with zero rub before).

If you have pictures of the shocks that you could post showing both the strut tube diameter (towards the bottom where they actually slide into the knuckle), or have a caliper you could use, that would be great. Also, what camber plates / springs are you using?
Appreciate 0