View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
BostonBeemah
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: AW 135i 6spd

UUC SSK and DSSR problems.....

so started today excited ready to install my SSK and DSSR. Let me just say the day did not end up on a good note.

First off the DSSR fit into the tranny and the shifter rod with no problem (bolt sticking foreword). I then bolted in the carrier and hopped into the car to check it.

First off the shifter is off to the side as seen in the pic. This is "centered" in neutral right now and if i click in the knob all the way, the knob is tilted counter-clock wise towards the passenger side. It looks as though this kit was made for a right hand drive car lol

Now another problem is the car would not go into first or reverse. (sorry no pics) After further inspection, i realized that the DSSR was hitting the carrier not allowing me to get into gear. Tried flipping the DSSR around every which way upside down and flipping it around with no luck. Double checked the carrier and everything was installed correctly. Also checked to see if the shifter was installed wrong, even though UUC's instructions said to install with the bolt foreword with no luck. I now have the stock selector rod installed with the shifter and the bolt foreword.

Anyone else experience anything like this??

btw i bought this used and the buyer said it fit in his 2008 135i and says he doesnt know why it wouldnt
Appreciate 0