Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
You need to do more reading. For one, seemingly no one on this forum has been able to retrofit HIDs into cars originally equipped with halogen lights without significant problems similar to what you are already experiencing; i.e., flickering and lights not turning on. Numerous types of ballasts, error cancelers, etc. have been tried and even if they work, it's only been temporarily. Two, though the BMW halogen lights are good, please don't put HIDs in them because you will be throwing a lot of glare at oncoming drivers. The only solution to the first problems has been to retrofit the footwell module and light switch from a car factory-equipped with HIDs and then have the car coded to include HIDs. If this wasn't a multi-thousand dollar affair, my car would have European bi-xenons on it right now.
wow ive never heard all that before.
the guy who sold them to me said they wont be too bright where it would effect other drivers. i hate that too.

and he told me that i was suppose to get the kit with resistors, but they shipped after, so he said when the resistors come, it should work with no problem.