02-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #37
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bselim3 View Post
I was planning on doing the same mods ItsHectic, were you planning on using the stock springs from your 2011 with the koni dampers? I have a 2012 and have been debating between the konis and bilstein hds with stock springs. I feel like the bilsteins were meant to go with stock springs while the konis were mainly for lowering ones, but I'm not sure.
Koni yellows are designed to work with stock springs as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
Okay so I just got a qoute for the work.

These are the prices I got, keep in mind I am in Australia where everything is more expensive! tyres are double the price but I am excluding them here.

cobb tune 995 supplied + 90 installed

airfilter install 50

fit tyres 80

I am gonna get PSS tyres.

M3 control arms + bushings 470

I am NOT getting sway bars as I do not track the car.

M3 rear subframe bushings 270 supplied + 1000 installed

koni shocks 6-800 supplied +500 installed
OR
coil overs 1299 supplied + 450 installed

I am most excited with the M3 control arms and PSS as it will make the car feel even more awesome

Edit I am now tossing up between a non adjustable kit and this: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-135...tein/ES248929/
I have contacted Bilstein to see if it designed for non RFT, or can this be answered here?
These all seem like exceptionally high labor costs, especially the items I bolded. Air filter is a 30 second job. Subframe bushings took me ~2 hours with normal tools and no previous experience. Cobb tune is just done via a button push.

For the cost of the labor here, you could fully equip yourself with all the tools you need, and have almost enough money to buy a lift for your garage.

http://www.bendpak.com/car-lifts/two-post-lifts/