Thread: Audio question
View Single Post
      12-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Sarge135
Semper FI!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

The sound from the head unit is ok, but the interface sucks. You have to push this button, to get to this file, and then click this other to get to this album. Before you know it, you are in a pile up.

I got this car with the understanding that the head unit was going to be the first thing changed, and now I find out all this CAN BUS crap. Its frustrating. I dont mind moving the thing to the back, but it makes no sense. I had a similar problem in my old 350z with the Bose system, you had to run all new lines inside the car because of Bose's odd use of super high ohms on their speakers and proprietary wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
Seems unlikely to retain everything you get from the factory head unit. I'd want a better guarantee than the description on the web site -- with a money back option and i'd be prepared to deal with install and uninstall costs if it doesn't work.

The head units from BMW are pretty good. Flat output, can be coded to send analog or digital out, and then you maintain the original look of the car. I've never seen an aftermarket unit that looks "right" in our cars, IMO.

2009 SGM 135i M-Sport
Ark l Blackline l iCarbon l AFE l Hawk l VMR l ST Coilover l Parrot Asteroid l JL Audio l Janus-Design l Reiger l BMW Performance l COBB l Evolution Raceworks l TIAL l VRSF
Appreciate 0