View Single Post
      12-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #13
p66
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Did you take tire temps across the tread? How is your camber(maybe you need more or use a larger anti roll bar)? Have you try to lower the front tire pressures slightly?

Are you bottoming out on the suspension, that will sure lead to loss of traction. Since you don't have suspension telemetry, that will be tough, but not impossible to determine.
Yes, took tire temps across the tread. Nice and linear. Played with tire pressures. Suspension not bottoming out. But let's face it, I'm no suspension pro. I just know that my 135i with similar suspension components and settings, with a square setup, was more neutral. And even if I was willing to spend the time to make a staggered setup work, with lots of testing, trying different anti roll bars, spring rates, pressure, track, weight distribution (via ride height adjustments), etc., I would still need to deal with different tire and wheels sizes.

So I am at a cross-roads. I've not spent any real money trying to make my staggered setup work better. Just suspension adjustments and air and my time. Before I spend real money to maximize on-track performance, while still keeping it a daily driver, am I better off trying to make a staggered setup work, or a square setup? I read somewhere that a basic rule of thumb is to have your tire patch ratio about the same as your cars weight distribution. Since the 1M is almost 50/50, that would beg for a square setup.
Appreciate 0