View Single Post
      07-31-2008, 07:12 AM   #20
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Prolonged starts.

I got mine back after 2 days @ the dealer, and they said they "tweeked" the software, but could find nothing wrong w/ the fuel pump, and it was starting normally for them every time.
Guess what? Next AM,..it took about 4-5 seconds to start. Seems to only do it when it's been sitting overnight. Car just turned 1500 miles,..have not gone into limp mode yet.
Made appointment for next week after a lengthy discussion w/ the service guy. Even e-mailed him the service bulletins that BimmerTech had posted.
Also asked him to "Pre-Order" the fuel Pump so I dont have to wait for it to come in. They said BMW will not allow them to do that until they verify the part numbers on the current pump.
Told him about all the other 1Addicts members who have been having the same issue. Lets see if they can fix it this time.
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0