View Single Post
      12-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

So why do guys in heavy lifted trucks think they are faster than me?

Was going to lunch today and was getting on the freeway. Double left hand turn lane on to the on ramp. I was in the outside lane waiting for the light. This Chevy Silverado 2500, 4x4, double cab, lifted, huge tires pulls up on the inside lane. I can tell he just wants to show this little BMW how big a man he is in his truck. Honestly, 9 times out of 10 I'm not even going to be interested, engine was not warmed up, was in a mellow mood, let them burn the extra gas. But there is just something about somebody in a pickup who thinks that they are faster than my little supercar, that I just can't resist. Light turns green and he hits it hard. He's around the turn faster because he's inside and I know he thinks he has it. I just slowly go up to about 3/4 pedal, didn't even bother to drop it into Sport. And he just watches me pull even and away nice and steady. Had him by 2 car lengths by the time I reached the gore point.
Honestly not bragging. And I know we are not supposed street race. But it was an on ramp and I slowed to traffic speed as soon as I merged (didn't care if he passed then). But sometimes you just have to put people in their place.

Last edited by TMR013; 12-09-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0