tapout2taxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPNBYE View Post
Assuming that you also had your car's parking brake engaged, there's no chance that they towed it front end up / rear end down...rather rear end up / front end down, and thus no issue with the transmission.

Missing something here as to a cause to worry about the tow.
Seriously? You don't see the cause to worry about my car being moved without me being present and for no cause? No offense but are you sure you should be on an enthusiast website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
I am by no means a law expert but I would have to think what they did was illegal if what you say is true that there was no warning or posting. I would be beyond livid and they would pay to serve as a lesson. You just don't go and start towing people's cars away as you please because you screwed up. It is a blatant disregard of other's property. Lack of respect for other's personal property fires me up more than just about anything. I would have gone as far as to file a police report. I know I am crazy but damn that would piss me off beyond belief. I would also check my car over very carefully for any scratches of dings as you can bet they did not give a damn about your car as they moved it.
Trust me I honestly wanted to. If I was leaving work at that time I probably would have because that is some BS. "We forgot to lock our lots so we just moved your car" is not an excuse nor do I find it acceptable. I want to go a step further and take the car into a shop to get the alignment and everything checked on their dime because what if they didn't set it down right? I certainly know they didn't flatbed tow it sooooo yeah. Still fuming!!!!
Appreciate 0