Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Stig View Post
nasa hyperfest 2011

yea, i knew better. It was my first time ever on that track, and my instructor abandoned me the day before so i was kinda left to figure it out on my own. That turn never gave me any trouble earlier, just took it too deep one time. I think what happened was i came in too tight and at the apex my right front wheel got up on the rumble strip just a touch. that cut my front traction in half and the car started plowing. I wanted to let off the throttle a bit to re-load the front tires and regain traction, but over-did it and gave up too much rear grip, causing the near spin/off road excursion

I was over-ambitious. My personal goal was to tie Marty Grand's track record in his SCCA T2 Evo 9. I was about 1.5secs off and just.... tried too hard
Yeah touching that gator, especially when its raining is a huge no no, but you have a lot of track still there to run out on. Sorry your instructor ditched, i know the feeling.

I woulda thought his time to be quicker than a 1:30 if you were running 1:32's in the vid...i run low 1:28's high 1:27's pretty consistently there on PSS street tires....and it looks like you were running a track tire setup in the pics at the end of the vid.