View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
STurner
Registered
Rep
Drives: '10 Z06

Pissed and need advice.

okay.
there's a 1 series i've had my eye on for a few days now over at my local dealership, so i went in to buy the damn thing as it just would NOT stop hypnotizing me. It was black sapphire w/black interior. I had a doctor's appointment early afternoon so I came in around 10 and told them to get the car ready and wrote them a 25k check, and told them i would be back after my appointment to finalize and finish all the paperwork.

Well I came back around 2pm, and saw they had the car all cleaned up and looking good, but when i got closer i noticed the clearcoat had been swirled HORRIBLY, all over the hood, sides, roof trunk.. hell everywhere there was paint.. needless to say i was SICK. Like i don't understand how they can have a detailer who is capable of this level of incompetence.

I explained this to my salesman, and showed him.. He tried to be dismissive and shrug it off, saying all black cars look like this but i was like no, go look at the black vette i rolled up in. i told him i wasnt buying the car now bc in my eyes it had been ruined. Sell it to someone who won't notice.

I had him order me a car instead, exactly like the one that got swirled. And i told him that when it came in not to let anyone touch it. I had him shred the check i'd written earlier and wrote him the 1500 deposit check instead.

Now im having second thoughts... the nearest dealership is 120miles away.. but i'm thinkin that's not so far. And I'm wondering if perhaps i shouldve just ordered my car from them instead.

Do you think if i told them to cancel the order they'd refund my deposit? If so I'll make the calls and get my car ordered from the further dealership. Also who do i report this sacrilege to? There's no reason they should have someone working there who does this to these cars.

There were two other cars that had been detailed and looked to be awaiting pickup or whatev that had been desecrated similarly. Im not talking light swirls either, this was BAD.

Last edited by STurner; 10-12-2010 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0