View Single Post
      12-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #81
IGoFast1589
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
You sure? I've heard quite the opposite. I thought they were great niche sports cars but that makes them complicated and finicky. One guy on this forum even commented that he never went for a milk run without his toolkit. Granted that was an older Porsche but still. And 've read several posts online about early to late 2000 Boxster's had engines that blew up and had to be replaced.

Fuel pumps be damned, at least the N54/N55 doesn't completely self destruct...
Very surprised to hear that... The naturally aspirated 911's are all very bullet proof in my experience. Just rag on that engine all day long and it will keep on going. They're one of the only cars where the road cars and racing cars are manufactured in the same facility. I also enjoy them because they can be scary at the limit and it takes a skilled driver to take one to the limit. Jeremy Clarkson doesn't like them probably because he can't drive it well... Laser precision steering because of no weight over the front end, subtle styling and a motor that screams like a banshee... 996 Turbo S cabriolet (GT2 turbos/intercoolers) with a downpipe, reflash and intakes was one of the fastest cars I have ever been in.

My old man's 05 911 S.

Appreciate 0