View Single Post
      10-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Thinking of custom ordering wheels...

Thinking of custom ordering a set of Volk RE30s to deal with our silly high offsets. I figure they should get here about the same time my 135i does. :wink:

However, I have a couple questions. Does anyone know if 17s will clear the brakes on the 135i? Based on my calculations, I THINK they will, if we get the EU spec brakes. Additionally, 17" all season wheel/tires seem to be an option for all cars.

I figure, brake rotors= 13.3" I'm giving 1" of wall thickness for each side of the wheel, which means the brake caliper has to stick out less than 1.6"s to clear. I really couldn't see the caliper sticking out more than 1.5" beyond the brake disc, but I thought I'd ask here.

I was planning on doing RE30s, 17x8.5 et 46 up front, and 17x9.5 ET48 out back. Opinions?

I'd much prefer to go with a 17" wheel over 18" if I can, but if it just won't fit, then it just won't fit. I'd THINK that it'd be fine, just looking at the dimensions of the brake discs, even if it is a slightly tight fit.

I can't imagine BMW would offer a no-cost option for 17" all seasons if a 17" wheel plain won't work, but who knows...
Appreciate 0