View Single Post
      05-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #53
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Hey guys, so I got a quote back from a local guy who does the clear bras. For full hood, Bumper, Front quarter panels, rocker panels, mirror cover, headlights, rear fender, and a bit of the rear bumper where trunk closes he's charing me $1600 CDN. which is probably $1500 ish USD.

He's going to be using Venture Shield on full hood and front quarter panels, and 3m Scotchgard on the rest. I'm not sure why he's not using Venture Shield for all panels... he didn't really explain why other than the size of each sheet where Venture Shield comes in larger sizes.

Some people are telling me to go with Xpel, but the guy said it's going to be around $500 more, and he said Xpel PPF's don't have the simulated orange peel texture so it might look a bit off compared to panels that are not covered.

What do you guys think about the price? He seems very experienced, has done this since 2004 and done a lot of Bimmers for local BMW dealerships... recently finished a job on an Aventador. So based on that I'm thinking he's pretty good.
Appreciate 0