View Single Post
      05-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #19
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
How much were they and how does it affect the ride?

I keep telling myself that I dont want to lower mine because I want a "luxery" car and now that I finally have a semi-luxery car I dont want to lose that ride quality but at the same time I keep telling myself "Ah Fu** it!, It looks TITS lowered!"...

I am thinking about maybe just dropping it a little bit on some eibachs or something but I am so torn...

I ust want a Nice daily driver that is quick and looks clean with good ride quality. I dont want to feel like im driving an 80's hatchback Honda or something... lol

Thanks for any input.

BTW, I want my car to look exactly like yours... I have the same color and actually think you did yours "clean" and that is another reason why I dont want to mod mine is because all the others ive seen dont really look that great so ive left it stock...
thanks man, yeah as far as these coil overs go, they're perfectly fine... for their price. If I could go back I would have purchased some kw v1's maybe v2's just because I'm more of a function man over form, so the more adjustability for me the better.

These coil overs however for their price are really nice, I picked them up for 900 brand new... so I had some hesitations, but I've put a solid 20k miles on them and haven't had a problem with them yet.

I know what you mean when you refer to that 80's race car feeling, I have several friends who have cars that are quite stiff, and I can honestly say, with the set up I'm running now, my car is extremely comfortable. There's not so much the feeling of, OH MY GOD A POTHOLE IS COMING, BOOOOOM. It's more of oh look a minor pothole, bump bump. No slamming of the shocks or anything.

I went your route you're thinking of going. Originally I had eibach pro springs, as soon as I put them on the car, I knew that I was going to get coil overs in the near future. If you're someone who likes to fine tune their ride height, I would definitely go for coil overs over springs for sure.

Lowering the car, in my opinion, was one of the best and most fun mods I have done to the car, I'd almost say it's a must on all 1 series as it helps the handling out so much, but that's just my opinion

Goodluck on your build! I look forward to seeing it

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0