06-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDPNDT View Post
I know for sure the rear camber links on the 1/M3 are different than the 135 and require different shock design for the rears. I dont know the technical name for the difference but basically the 135 rear shock bottom doesn't have a bolt pass through, and the 1/M3 does.

Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
I'd like to know if that would work. If it would, I don't understand why HPA Shop says "If you are on KW(May be an option at a later date), Bilstein, Tein, etc. It is our recommendation to convert to either Koni or AST at this time."
Thanks for the replies guys. And herein lies my problem. As you've mentioned INDPNDT, the design of the rear shocks is different between the 135i and the 1M/M3. Are they able to modify it? But as the website does say, a replacement of the rear shock seems to be in order. And then, I guess this leads to another problem - the rears will be either Koni or AST shocks, but the fronts will be my original KW clubsports! I highly doubt different front and rear shocks will be compatible with each other. So that means I need to replace the front shocks to either Koni/AST to match the rears, right? Which means I've just blown 3k on KW CS coilovers if I want to have to M3 suspension conversion? Hmm... Maybe the full conversion is not such a great idea... The rear camber link arms may need to be left out. Unless Harold can chime in?
Appreciate 0