08-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #11
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post
True. Haven't taken the time to clarify, but it the M stuff confirmed as standard issue for the North American 135i?
yeah, the brembos, suspension and aero bits have been confirmed if thats what you mean?

i have quite a bit of faith in the M1 in just the way spudwest said though, replacement of what will later be thought of as a limited edition (sort-of) 135i, with similar rearrangement of the model lineup. i think the main focus will be weight savings, balance and rawness - if it is to finally fully manifest this e30 and 2002 rebirth which bmw has been touting. and thus i think it will require different tuning (sways, springs, dampers), and will no doubt be intentionally a bit more hard and raw than even the 135 m-bits. i believe the best comparison was made on here as sort of the difference between the M3 and the CSL..

i really do think there will be an M1. however the best reason brought up that there will not is the fact that there would only be a couple of years left in the design until BMW would redesign the 1er. but i dont know if a redesign of the hatch would dictate a new coupe as well, since its only coming out now..

i like how we run out of press release & pics and just start talking about the same things over again haha.. ah well

EDIT: although i REALLY hope it doesnt look like that photoshop/rendering. although i hope they do something with the headlights. something "squintier"
Appreciate 0