06-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lckyrocket View Post
My brother and I will be going on a trip to Europe and he figures rather than buying a 1M here (and having to deal with dealer allocation issues) why not just take the ED option and enjoy the car in its homeland.

Any have the pricing sheet for ED wholesale pricing on the 1M. Or can it be calculated accurately by taking the US invoice price of $42,445 and multiplying it by .93 to calculate the ED wholesale price? By that math a base model 1M should have an ED invoice of around $39,474.

Thanks in advance gents!
As others have pointed out already:

1. The 1M ED needs to be coordinated through a dealer.

2. Dealers lose money on ED.

3. Given the limited availability and extremely positive press the car is getting most dealers are now aware that they can easily get MSRP or above and will not agree to ED unless you already have a personal relationship with the sales manager or owner.

I went with one of the highest regarded dealers in GA (based on recommendations from friends and colleagues as well as online reviews) and they flat out told me no ED for this car. They are throwing in a few things because I put my deposit down within minutes of walking in and finding they had an open allocation.

Kinda sucks but there you have it. My fiancee is German and we visit every year. Would have been sweet to see how the 1M got on against her mom's 993 4S on the Autobahn (she insists that the BMW is not a true sports car like her Porsche)

Appreciate 0