View Single Post
      01-19-2024, 02:08 PM   #1
jjFender
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Adjustable front lower control arms for more camber?

I tried searching but didn't quite find what I am looking for.

Does anyone have experience with adjustable lower control arms like the Turner Performance one?

My 2011 135i is currently on the OEM M-Sport suspension, have Dinan fixed camber plates and M3 control arms installed. I can only get -2° camber. That's not too bad but I would really like more camber for autocross. -3° to -3.5° would be ideal. And, weirdly, I wonder if that's achievable without lowering or getting adjustable camber plates.

Anyone that has tried adjustable control arms, how much more camber is possible over the M3 control arms? Or maybe a simpler way to estimate max camber is to compare the arm lengths? At max length, how much longer are the adjustable arms compared to the M3 arms?

Ultimately, I'm sure the overall better way would be to just get lowering springs or coilovers but I'm still curious if it's possible with adjustable control arms.

I don't care about classing. The M3 control arms already bump me out of STU. And I changed the final drive ratio so I'm probably already in some prepared class anyway.

It's just that....this hurts the soul:
Appreciate 2
Blau374.00