08-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #27
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseyo View Post
I understand peoples frustration to an extent. I think the new "M135i" is a joke because its not a full on M CAR so to speak. Isnt the m3 engine made in the same part of the factory as the F1 motors or some shit. You cant tell me the n55 is aswell.. What will happen when the 2014 m3 is a modified n55.. HAVOC!

Personally i'd never do it because my 135 simply isn't an M car (would love a 1m!!!!). BUT Who cares if someone does it each to their own. Laugh at a distance, and tell yourself you're better than them for not doing it
The use of M135i is sort of frustrating for the true enthusiast because this nomenclature is used in M535i which is a M car whilst M135i is a M-tuned car.

All S engines were built in Garching and transport to the series factory for production. I don't know if this is the case for S63, or the S55(?). Throughout history BMW M has "modified" engines in various vehicles anyway, so what they are doing to the next M3 or what they have done to the S63 is not new. For example, the S54 in the E46 M3 was based on the M54. The 1M is interesting as it remains the only M car that has a series production engine.
Appreciate 0