Thread: M Badge Fail
View Single Post
      08-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #31
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Came out of the shops yesterday and there was a guy in the car space 2 places down sitting with the car running which was odd because the car park was empty and it was nearly 5pm. When he realized the 135i was my car he approached me and asked if it was a "135i or 1M". I told him it's a 135i and he said he couldn't tell which model it was and that it looked great. He seemed like a genuine enthusiast as he obviously knew about the 135i and 1M (more often than not people ask me if my car is an M3 or the new M3 - usually casual fans) and proceeded to ask why mods how much power etc. I'm a proud 135i owner and if someone asks me what it is I tell them what it is. I couldn't care less if someone else puts an M badge on their car, usually they are fans of the M or want to mislead most people into thinking its an M. Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's your car and do as you please that's what modding is all about. I prefer the cleaness of the debadge look personally. If I was a 1M owner id probably feel more passionate about it but it really doesn't phase me.
Appreciate 0