View Single Post
      03-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #43
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Hey guys,

I am thinking that July 20th and 21st is the weekend we should plan on holding our Stelvio v2.0 road trip. Any thoughts?

I have been talking to the Schloss Naudersberg people. That is the Castle above with the bicycle zipping by(we also ate dinner their last year)... anyways... they can give us a tour of their Castle IF we are interested. The tour is only in German... but I think between Andreas (Evolution80) and I, we can translate what the guide shows/explains to us.

The tour lasts 90 minutes and costs 4 euros per person. Maybe we could do this Saturday afternoon? IF there is interest in seeing the castle ? I think Herr Toma (the guy from the Nauder's Fortress we toured last year might also show up!).

They also told me of another Castle near by in Switzerland(CH)... it is called:
Castle of Tarasp. It might be worth a stop IF we tour Fluela Pass (CH) again (which I would like to do!) We could stop there as a side trip.

Name:  Schloss Tarasp   ee87b131cb.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  88.0 KB

They also recommended this Castle Churburg... it looks AWESOME.
http://www.churburg.com/it/

Name:  Churburg01_01.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  ruestkammer_01.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  70.9 KB

We don't have to go inside of these places. I just thought I'd throw this out there and see what everyone wants to do.

I also like how Bob (smellthebeans) last year brought some chease, bread and meats and we had a little pinic on the side of the Alpine roads. I'd like to do something like that too one of the days.
Appreciate 0