View Single Post
      05-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
old account 2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stage 3 B5 S4, C5 Z06

GIAC Software: Powering the Fastest Cars on the Street and the Track!

To drive a car on a daily basis requires it to be reliable and consistent. To constantly drive a car at the limit on the racetrack requires a different level of durability and reliability. At GIAC, the emphasis is always placed on cars that deliver real world performance, while ensuring the well-being of your engine. By powering some of the world's top race cars, GIAC ensures that it's software can withstand anything thrown its way!

When developing software for BMW's, GIAC is able to extensively log and test each file before it is available to the public. For example, HP Autowerks ran a beta Stage 2 file that eventually led to our current Stage 2 offering. Further, teams such as Berk Technology and Evoution Racewerks dominate the race circuit utilizing the same software and tunes that are available to all. From the professional driver to the weekend warrior, GIAC shows that it is ready to perform from the second it is installed in your vehicle.

But what is performance without reliability? There is no challenge for an engine quite like the grueling environment of the racetrack. When the car is constantly being pushed to its limit, even the strongest wearable parts are tested. Over in New Zealand, Motorsport Services Limited is showing that GIAC software can take the abuse of endurance racing as well. Utilizing GIAC software on two 135i's, Motorsport Services made a great showing in this year's Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour. In a race in which many cars didn't even finish, all four Motorsport Services cars, with help from GIAC software, ripped through the finish line with ease.

GIAC software now stands the test of multiple racing seasons, and we can report nothing but winning results. With teams such as Berk Technology still running on the original engines and GIAC software (without further re-calibration), it is clear that you don't have to compromise reliability in the quest for better performance!

So if your car is ready to take the next step in performance, do it with GIAC software!

Some of the cars powered by GIAC software include:

GMG Racing's World Challenge Audi R8 LMS
  • First World Challenge R8 LMS
  • Debuted at the 2012 Grand Prix of Long Beach

Berk Technology BMW 135i
  • Competes in Redline Time Attack, Global Time Attack and MotoIQ Pacific Tuner Car Championships
  • Went undefeated in 2011
  • Four years of racing on the original motor and software
  • Holds division lap records at Buttonwillow and Willow Springs
  • Currently utilizing GIAC Stage 2 Race with water-methanol injection

Evolution Racewerks BMW 135i
  • Competes in Redline Pro Time Attack and Global Time Attack
  • Broke the class record at Firebird Raceway by nearly 6 seconds
  • Victories in 2 of 3 races in shortened 2011 season (One 2nd place finish)
  • Currently utilizing GIAC Stage 2 Race with water-methanol injection

HP Autowerks BMW 335i
  • Competes in Redline Pro Time Attack
  • Podium finish in first ever race
  • Currently utilizing GIAC Stage 2 software

Motorsport Services Limited BMW 135i (2)
  • Competed in the 2012 Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour
  • Finished 15th and 17th overall, running BMW 135i's

Motorsport Services Limited Porsche 996 Cup
  • Finished 8th overall and 3rd in class in the 2012 Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour

Motorsport Services Limited Porsche 997 Cup
  • Finished 5th overall and 2nd in class in the 2012 Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour

Motorsport Services Limited Porsche 996 Turbo (2)
  • Competed in the 2011 VIP Pet Foods Endurance Series
  • Finished 2nd and 3rd place overall
  • Averaged speeds of 140 km/h throughout the 12 hour race

GIAC would like to wish our race teams continued success, and we look forward to increasing dominance!
Appreciate 0