View Single Post
      10-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
bkochuk
constantly curious
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135 sedona red/boston gray

This happened to my 135 on October 14th. I have absolutely NO taillights. They've completely failed.

Dealer (Performance BMW in Chapel Hill) said it was on backorder. Couldn't and wouldn't say when they'd be in. Didn't really seem to care, even though I explained it's a huge safety issue, I have the potential to be ticketed, and I'm effectively on curfew, rushing home every night before the sun sets. Which is around 6:30 these days.

Waited a week and contacted BMWUSA. They are "looking into it" and seemed unaware of the problem. Said they had to contact Germany. Would be back in touch on Monday. But they seemed really pleased with themselves that it was not a "recall," which my SA told me it was.

Meanwhile, I have called the dealership and asked if I can have a loaner car, at least for the weekend, as I have out of town guests coming in. I know loaner cars are tight, especially at a dealership as big as this one, but figured they could at least spare one over the weekend. Had BMWUSA call and make the request too. So far the Service Manager has not called me back.

So it's been over two weeks that I haven't had taillights, and no one seems the least bit worried about it. Except me, of course.

Love my 135. Hate the lack of concern from everyone involved at BMW.

They. Just. Don't. Care.

Last edited by bkochuk; 10-22-2010 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Appreciate 0