NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Probably the window regulator, I had both rear window regulators fail at separate times in my E90, taken care of under warranty and they said it's not an uncommon problem.

My perception is some of you think this is a "$40k car" as if that was some huge amount of money but the reality is these cars would ideally cost more. The German brands have to cut quality a little in order to compete with the prices of Japanese cars in this segment (who also can't afford to make the car 100% reliable).

Would people pay, let's say, $50,000 for a 135i that had every part sourced from the best possible supplier and which rarely had any problems at all? Those who could afford it would but a lot of people wouldn't so car companies have no choice but to make their cars cheaply. Deal with it.
I know what you mean but if they were the best possible parts u would think everything would work... And trust me BMW is most likely like Benz when it comes to money and the profit on the cars are INSANE...(Maybe not as high on the 1) I saw the episode of TOP GEAR with the CLS AMG and they talked about cutting conners...

I had a BMW service person lean over the counter and whisper to me "You pay all of this money for the logo"... I was thinking great... This was after 2 months of owning the car and having 2 loaners...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0