View Single Post
      05-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #153
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

AndyM,

Thanks. Your DIY is great. I also liked a short clip somebody posted. I used only a flashlight and a long flat bladed screwdriver - plus a screwdriver for the torx on the top. Took about 15 minutes. The only tricky thing is applying the right amount - not too much, not too little - to the right locations.

To the guys just yanking them off, I can see how that would work but I also can see how somebody will break the grill possibly cutting themselves doing this. I'm glad you were successful and unhurt but I think it's safer to disengage at least some of the clips. I presume you are reaching through the grill to the backside to get ahold of it so you are counting on the clips coming undone before the louvers snap off of the grill. It will probably nearly always work but if taking a couple more minutes will ensure success without injury, it seems better to me to take the couple additional minutes.

Jim