View Single Post
      07-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #27
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I've mostly used Shell gas in my 128i but have recently filled up at a nearby Murphy Mart a few times. They had really good prices for the first couple months and drove down all the nearby stations. Looks like they are out to lead the race to higher prices now. One of the reasons I filled up at Murphy Mart was to reward them for helping out with lower prices but I also figure that places that turn over their gas really quickly have less chance of getting water in the gas.

I ran all premium for the first 10,000 miles but have switched to 89 octane unless I am doing an autocross. Seems to work fine.

Tom raises an interesting point about the odometer. I haven't really checked it. It isn't hard when you have a GPS going all the time. I'll have to remember to do it. I think there are federal requirements so I've assumed it is accurate but it doesn't cost anything to check.

Jim