View Single Post
      10-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #50
iamhaller
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E81

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSE-120i View Post
I wanted to share my own approach of integrating the iPad Mini into the 1er.
I borrowed the the original idea of the author and also replaced the compartment. I also use the Kinivo Buetooth transmitter and the same Bluetooth remote (Satechi) and it works perfectly. I even use most of the above mentioned Cydia Tweaks like f.lux, CarMode and some Activator functions.

The difference is how I managed to secure the iPad. I used a Brodit iPad Mini mount (I replaced the Brodit badge with an M-Badge (so it might be a BMW original part ) and attached it to a custom made metal plate which is attached to the backside of the compartment. There is also an additional hole for a future charging cable. The mount is adjustable and I can easily take the iPad out, plus its got the perfect height and distance for the driver.

Another nice bonus is that I can actually use the camera which perfectly covers the street in front of you.

Here are some photos and thanks again for the inspiration
Could you give some information about the customs made metal plate? Any specific dimensions needed to make it work? I'm doing the same. Already ordered the storage compartment replacement and the Brodit mount.
Appreciate 0