View Single Post
      01-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Amalfitano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i STEP, Future //M2012

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
There's always the caveat that a particular class could be weak or strong driver talent wise, and it's usually difficult to tell just what qualifies a strong appearance at Nationals...

I'll plead ignorance if there was a National Tour win by a 135i at any of the classing levels, but i did not come across one.

I won't claim to have a local MKE member's argument perfectly paraphrased, but a 2008 campaign in the 1 by a previous national champion netted something like a two second loss, and not from coning away a champion run.

I don't doubt the car's regional competitiveness, just the to the limits of preparation National competitiveness.

CHI/MKE has a generous helping of Nationally competitive drivers too, including in open Street Tire in Milwaukee, where your car being closer to the top of its class is even more imperative when you're in a PAX comparison. By all means it's all still fun, but the only way to think the PAX is "right" for your car is to have National credentials.

Anyways, this wasn't a thread intended to demolish the 135i autocross possibilities unilaterally, more wondering if the 1M would have National champion aspirations.
Appreciate 0