11-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #24
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
Glad it worked out. I will still say that going to court always has to be the last answer since it is costly and slow. Unless you have a written agreement that the price includes the tax, I can't see how it could help to go to court.

The deal I negotiated for my 1 series included taxes, plate, and all fees. But I made sure that was clearly stated on the paperwork I signed (and they signed before they got my money). My dealer was in the same state as I am so it was easier. They still messed up the tag but fixed it once I brought it up.
Court was far off in my mind, talking to my lawyer (family friend) didn't cost me anything and I knew I had the legality to request what I wanted. It was just overall a frustrating process having the vehicle for 6 weeks and it taking me calling them to find out that they still wanted more money before releasing the title--turned out to be a language barrier gap and resolving was easier than anticipated.

My previous car was a Hyundai Tiburon, learned a lot but it was just a stepping stone to a real car
Appreciate 0