View Single Post
      03-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
Okay, I understand this when it comes to full track days. I see your point. You're hitting speeds of 130mph and rubbing elbows with other cars on the track (sometimes).

My main complaint is directed at BMWCCA Autocross events. This is an event in a parking lot where the cars generally don't go over 50mph. SCCA allows passengers, no problem and I'm pretty sure they are a HUGE national organization as well. I'm just saying- it's a bummer.
Really? I was not aware that AX has same stipulation. I've been to a few local AXes and can't recall that rule being in place or being enforced.

Weird. Maybe I'll ask around and see if that's the case. There seems to be some mis-understanding regarding AX and what they allow or don't allow (for example, people still think that convertibles aren't allowed in AX).
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0