View Single Post
      05-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #24
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
ZIIs will never last 20,000 miles no matter how you align them or baby them. Anyway, if you have to baby them, what is the point of buying a sticky tire?

The "camber wear" is a good thing, as was your idea to have them flipped. Flipping them back is a ridiculous idea. Most people complain about wear on the outside edge, and you would be too if you were using an OE alignment. Flipping is a great way to even out the wear.

Also, they are not worn out. Wear them all the way down to the wear bars (which you have not done yet).

If you use sticky tires, you have to expect they will wear out sooner. 1 summer per set is all you should expect. If you want more you need to use a higher treadwear rated tire at the expense of grip. Based on the fact that you have not worn out the outside edges of your tires, clearly you are not using them very hard. You can't have been autocrossing. And if not, why are you fiddling with your alignment to start with? A bit less front camber and longer wearing tires might be a good choice for you, but then again flipping your tires mid life is not a bad idea either.
+1000

When I ran Hankook RS3s on my Z4M, they lasted 4,000 miles with about 3 track days and 20 or so autocrosses.

Flipped half-way through their use.

Appreciate 0