06-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #29
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
Just hit Navigate on the next waypoint that you want to go to and it'll plan your route following the route with voice prompted directions and a decent on-screen navigation display.

I'm not an anti-Apple guy by any means but I really do think Android & all of the supporting tech rocks
Cheers, don't mean to be obtuse, but just to clarify, when you select a waypoint to navigate to, does the nav app take the predesignated route or calculate its own route? Obviously, the whole trip is based on a predesignated route.

Also, some of the waypoints are just slightly off the route I have drawn, a human being can obviously tell that that is a waypoint and come off the predesignated route. How does the nav app on Andriod deal with this? Thanks.

Apple's new 3D maps for iOS6 is meant to be a worthy competitor to Androids if not slightly better executed in terms of visuals and user interface, however, google's ability to import saved maps onto the android nav app is certainly something Apple has to work on. It's such an important tool for holiday makers on the road.
Appreciate 0