View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
magiik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 E82 135i, '21 G01 X3 M40i

Bavarian Technic - Reset Service Light - CBS

I have a 2009 E82 135i, and I bought the Bavarian Technic tool/cable and have been trying to figure out what condition is tripping the CBS. I have the service light in the dash with the X amount of miles till service.

I connected the tool and went to the condition based service option in the menu, but it doesn't show engine oil or front/rear brakes. It shows "vehicle check", "brake fluid", and "vehicle inspection". The screenshot attached shows what I see.

I tried the short fault test that went through all the modules and checked for faults, and there were just some random ones about hardware I didn't have, like heated side views and radio ( sat? ) antennae. Nothing about oil or brakes or anything else like I was expecting to trip the service indicator...

some more pics of the BT process @ http://minus.com/mxiqey7FJpku3

I'm just getting off of that free dealer maintenance and I'm going to try to service this thing myself and I guess if I ever want to get rid of the dash warnings I should probably just reset it in the computer...

Anyone ever get this tool working to reset or check on condition based service on their 1er?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0