View Single Post
      05-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #105
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Yes.. I have a retraction to make... they fit on there, but the fronts rub on an autocross run, the backs not really. I was getting worried about it at the EVO school and swapped back to my stock tires. I do have to say that while they were on... what understeer?

I falsely assumed that since they don't rub on the street, even when doing "abnormal" maneuvers, I thought they'd be okay on the autocross course. My car is lowered and has about -1.5 of camber up front.

I do have to say that side-by-side, my 255 Advan Neovas are about an inch wider than my 255 RE-050As that I bought recently. They are wider than any other 255 I've seen. This explains how the 1Lap car ran 255 PS2's.

I could get these to not rub with a smidgeon more negative camber and/or a slight fender roll, but I don't think I want to do that to my brand new car. Looks like I may buy some 245 Neovas for the front and keep the other two 255s for replacement rear tires.

I would not recommend the 255's up front even on the street. It negatively impacts the steering.

As for the front brake caliper clearance on the 17" LTW5's, there's about 5/8" between the caliper and the wheel.. more than I expected.
Appreciate 0